This pack contains two sets of task cards that practice reading simple sentences that have an emphasis on short e sounds. There are 12 cards in each set.
There are two options for the recording pages! In the first version, students will color the picture that matches each sentence on the task cards. In the second version, students will draw a picture that matches each sentence.
You can use task cards in so many ways!
* Place the cards around the room in alphabetical order (on the floor, taped to the walls, at students’ desks, etc). Have students pair up. Play a “scoot” game. Each student brings a pencil and a recording sheet and will go around the room, stopping at each card.
* Place the cards at a center. Students can work on them independently. It works great if you hole-punch the upper left-hand corner and put them on a ring – they don’t get lost and out of order this way! You can also slip them into plastic photo books.
* Use them in guided reading groups.
* Use them in a sensory tub. Students will hunt for cards in the tub and complete the recording sheet.
* Use them in whatever way fits your students’ needs!
This is part of a discounted bundle! Check out my Kindergarten Task Card Bundle
Please feel free to ask me any questions you have about this product using the Product Q&A.
Your purchase is intended for use in one classroom only. If you intend to share with colleagues, please purchase additional licenses. Contact me for site licensing information.